Lay’s TM (belongs to Frito Lay Company) is available in Ukraine since 2002. Since 2005 Sandora Company has presented Lay’s potato chips at the Ukrainian market.
Lay’s chips trademark, that became a world-known brand, was created by American Herman W. Lay, who started his business in 1932 being a small travelling salesman of potato chips in Nashville (USA). At that time 24-old businessman was selling Gardner’s chips that belonged to Barret Food Products Company situated in Atlanta (Georgia state).
Mister Lay was devoted to Gardner trademark of Barrett Food Products Company till 1944, when he decided to change chips name into Lay’s Potato Chips. This year is considered to be a year of Lay’s trademark birth.
For Lay’s chips production at the factory in Grodzisk, Poland, potato sorts are used, moreover, there are only selected tubers with definite content of starch and sugar. More than 80 000 tons of potato are processed during a year. The whole technological process is created in such a way that a product is obtained which corresponds to high Lay’s standards.
Chips are packed in standard packages of 35g and 80g and in big ones of 150g, called "TV-Packs". Last year on the shelves of supermarkets appeared a new format - 200g, for fans of chips!
Chips of a supreme quality, made of the best potatoes with variety of spices. A lot of bright flavors and everyone will find own favourite one. It’s a snack that is suitable for any company. The taste which makes life brighter!